Thursday 3 November 2011

Catch up blog.

It has become somewhat of a rarity for me to post. In all honesty, life has been moving at 100 mph and I haven't really had a spare 5 minutes to blog...which is kind of sad, because I do enjoy reflecting, however monotonous and mundane it may appear to others. So, I started university (Adult Nursing BSc), I would love to explain all about the course and my feelings and generally converse with you all about the degree, however that would be ridiculously unprofessional and breeches confidentiality, so sadly, you shall remain in the dark.
Confidentiality and professionalism:- two terms that I have had to adopt and adopt fast. Im an extrovert, so holding my tongue has always proved challenging, Im a wild fire, so acting in a professional manner has never came naturally. Initially, I kind of feared that I would find becoming a lady of profession challenging, I thought i'd have to change, become introvert, settle the hell down, and then I stopped and realised: displaying a professional manner does not mean I have to become somebody i'm not, It just means I have respect myself more (which is a good thing) and I have to think before I speak, think before I act, and think before I do; more so than I would usually.
For instance, the other evening, I was out with some of my friends, and I bumped into someone whom I don't particularly get on with, this person has done many things to hurt me and has hurt and humiliated good friends of mine beyond imagination! She was very rude when I saw her, and I wanted so badly to say something witty and offensive back, but I remembered to maintain my professionalism, and in the end, was very pleased with my lack of action: 1. It made her seem ridiculously disgusting and pathetic and immature and even more violent than normal (are you's sensing my love toward this human?) and 2. I realised if I had have acted upon my feelings, and said/done something back, I would have been just as bad as her.
So yeah, I concluded from this event, that being professional, is simply acting in a respectful manner, using my head and not my heart :).

Im starting my placement in a hospital next week (for obvious confidentiality reasons I cannot discuss where/when/ or talk of any people). However I will keep posted on progress etc. I'm actually quite nervous, which I guess is normal for most, yet abnormal for me. I can dance in front of 100's of people without a single tremor, yet walking onto a ward and introducing myself and fitting in to the routine scares me to the bone!!! :)

Anyways.....sorry for sending you's (not actually a literary word, but "you's" know what I mean, and "you's" know how annoying it is when people correct this type of grammatical error) to sleep with this factual lifeless update.
Ba bye for now
<3 Peace and Love
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Definitely think more people should do blogs like this! I used to blog all the time. Think I might start again!

    ReplyDelete